Tag Archives: Superhero

Kick-Ass 2 Demographics

After reviewing the Kick-Ass 2 trailer, I determined that the main target audience for the film would be males aged 15-25. I have come to this conclusion as the content, mainly being action and violence, mixed with black humour, is stereotypically enjoyed by males that are young adults. Superhero and graphic novel adaptations are often popular with young male adults, and are typically associated with them as well.

statisticsAs the film isn’t out yet, I cannot access the statistics on IMDb which would tell me the quantitative data on who is watching the film. However, the trailer on YouTube allows me to see who has been watching it, if they are male/female, what age group they are, and how they found the trailer. According to the statistics on YouTube, it is most popular with males aged between 19 and 44. When the film is released, the statistics may change, as IMDb will provide a more in depth response to the film, so the initial response may change from a male dominated audience, to an audience of both sexes, and a range of ages.


Quantitative

What is quantitative data??

Quantitative research is numbers. This is a percentage or numbers of how many people picked there favourite super hero film.

For example – 4 people were asked what is your favourite super hero film?

3 of them choose Dark Night Rises the other one choose Avengers.

Or it could be put as,

75% choose Dark Night Rises and the other 25% choses Avengers.