Below is the questionnaire that we put together alongside the QR code that links to the video version on YouTube. As you can see, the humorous questions also serve to find out about the viewing habits and how the person taking the questionnaire uses technology. The questions we used also can be identified with by 16-19 year olds as if we used questions that were too formal or too silly then it would put them off answering the questions.
Gender – Male/Female Age . . . Ethnic Origin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Transport . . . . . . . . . . . .
Q1. Do you have any body modifications?
Q2. How low do you wear your jeans?
- Normal around the waist
- Slightly low
- Justin Bieber
- Don’t wear any
Q3. Do you own a tumblr account?
- Don’t know what this is
- I’m too cool for tumblr
Q4. How often do you use Social Networking sites?
- I don’t
- Just to check status’s
- Quite a lot, I like to know what’s going on
- Facebook is my life
Q5. How long do you scroll through your news feed?
- 10 seconds
- Until I get bored
- I’m sorry what? I was too busy looking at prank videos on news feed
Q6. What film/T.V genres is your favourite?
- Other . . . . . . . . . . .
Q7. How many hours do you spend watching T.V/films during one week?
- I don’t watch T.V
- 1-4 hours
- 5-10 hours
- Couch potato
Q8. How often do you change your profile picture?
- I don’t have a profile picture
- Every month
- Everyday of course!
Q9. If you see a person drop their wallet do you . . .
- Pick up wallet and give it back to them
- Leave it where you found it
- Throw away the wallet and keep the cash
- Steal the money and use the ID to go clubbing
Q10. How often do you drink?
- I don’t
- Once in a while
- Once a week
- I’m drunk right now
Q11. What do you use YouTube for?
- Film trailers
- If none above please state . . . . . . . . . . . .
Q12. How much of your parent’s electricity do you drain with all your devices being used at once?
- None I hate technology
- Only my phone when it’s charging
- When I’m not on my computer I’m charging all my gadgets, lights on, T.V on, technology heaven
- I pay for my own electricity
Q13. You’re at home the Internet goes off for the next day, what do you do?
- No problem go outside and live
- Go round to a friends house
- Go round friends house and use their Internet
- Lie on the floor, tries not to cry, cries a lot
Q14. What two items would you take on a desert island?
- Matches and food
- The entire series of lost
- Hair gel and more hair gel
- Michael Caine
Mostly A. If your answers are mostly A.
You are Barack Obama. Smartly dressed interactive person who goes out and enjoys the real world and not a 2D/3D screen.
Mostly B. If your answers are mostly B.
You are Gwyneth Paltrow. You know your way round technology and not afraid to go outside. You must being doing something right because you’re dating Iron Man.
Mostly C. If your answers are mostly C. You are Batman. Retirement has hit you fast as you’ve changed your ways from being the almighty superhero to a down right sloth!
Mostly D. If your answers are mostly D. You are Sheldon Cooper. You are an emotional busy body, who distance themselves from friends, relationships and any other social activities.