Tag Archives: Violent
Age: 16-20 = 10 21-30 = 3 30+ = 1
Gender: Male = 10 Female = 10
Ethnic Origin: White British = 14
Q1. Do you think that children at an early stage should be watching T.V?
Yes = 9 No = 2
Three people had answered both answers (debating whether it’s good or not)
Q2. From what age do you think children should be allowed to watch T.V?
1-3 = 6 4-6 = 8 6-9 = 0 10+ = 0
Q3. Do you think children can learn from watching T.V?
Yes = 13 No = 1
- They can learn life skills
- Colours and actions influence development
- Educational programmes can help develop children x2
- There are specific channels that involve learning
- Educational x2
- Cbeebies have new shows x2
- Enhance their learning
- There are few educational shows
Also some people did not answer these questions, to which is why the results are varied.
This clip was considered really violent in the 1970’s at the time it was broadcast. It was considered controversial by Mary Whitehouse and the National Viewers and Listeners Association. It is a clip from the Tom Baker era of ‘Doctor Who’ from a serial entitled ‘The Deadly Assassin’.